The Canadian Network of Asset Managers (CNAM) and Centre d’expertise et de recherche en infrastructures urbaines(CERIU) signed a Memorandum of Understanding on June 30, 2016, in recognition of their continued efforts in promoting and disseminating asset management practices in Canada. The MOU was signed by John Murray, Chair of CNAM and Catherine Lavoie, President / General Manager CERIU.
CNAM and CERIU have had a long standing relationship. This partnership now formally recognizes the on-going collaboration between the two groups.
CNAM is a not for profit organization positioned to be Canada’s “definitive hub” for municipal infrastructure asset management. CNAM’s three primary objectives as per their strategic plan are:
- Collaboration: Build sustainable relationships with other organizations to unify and improve the state of asset management practice;
- Leadership: Increase capacity to enhance and promote asset management;
- Innovation: Engage in and support knowledge generation, consolidation and dissemination.
CERIU is a non-profit organization that was created out of a need to find permanent and economic solutions to the question of urban infrastructure rehabilitation. The wide-ranging of expertise of its members and its unique approach focused on partnership and collaboration make CERIU an organization that offers an integrated perspective on the issue of urban infrastructure. As a result, CERIU is able to develop tools specifically adapted to the needs of municipalities as well as the challenges of the industry. CERIU has been committed to nurturing innovation, changing attitudes and habits, and promoting new, more efficient and more affordable ways of dealing with urban infrastructure since its creation in 1994.
As a result of the signing of this Memorandum of Understanding, and based on their shared commitment to asset management in Canada, CNAM and CERIU have committed to the following supportive joint initiatives for 2016-17:
- Promote their respective organizations;
- Sharing material for each other’s publications;
- Participating at each other’s conferences and workshops;
- Working on the development of Canadian asset management guidelines and frameworks.
For more information on this MOU or on either organization please contact:
CNAM: Melissa Osborne, Vice Chair, email@example.com
CERIU: Catherine Lavoie, President and CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org