The Canadian Network of Asset Managers is seeking enthusiastic candidates to stand for election to the CNAM Board of Directors. All member categories (except students) are eligible to run for office.
If you or someone you know are committed to playing a leadership role in the community of practice for asset management, possess strong strategic management skills and are passionate about building CNAM as an association, please consider a nomination.
Deadline for nominations is 5:00 PM ET on Friday, July 22, 2022.
There are currently three (3) Board of Directors opportunities available:
- Three (3) Regional Directors:
- East (NS, N&L, NB, PEI) – by-election for term ending May 2024
- Quebec – by-election for term ending May 2023
- Prairies – by-election for term ending May 2023
To be considered as a candidate for the CNAM Board of Directors, the following prerequisites and competencies are required.
- CNAM Member in good standing (any member category except student)
- Demonstrated leadership in the practice of asset management
- Previous board experience, or other related strategic management experience
- Ability to commit 8 – 10 hours a month for Board and Committee meetings as well as Board activities
- The Board meets by conference call monthly for 2 hours as well as three in-person meetings per year (two at the annual conference and one strategic planning weekend)
- Support of your employer (including financial support) to attend the annual conference and the Board’s (virtual) strategic planning sessions in the Fall of 2022
Individuals may nominate themselves or others by providing a brief biography including:
- Your full name
- Contact information
- Board position applied for (see openings above)
- Your interest in any of CNAM’s Committees
- Current professional role/responsibilities (maximum 100 words)
- Related experience (maximum 100 words)
- Your interest and vision for CNAM (maximum 100 words)
- Confirmation of:
- Employer commitment for time and travel commitments
- Personal commitment for time commitment
- Must be submitted survey link and adhere to the word count
- Photo in jpeg format uploaded to the survey
This is your opportunity to sell your qualifications and vision for CNAM for review by the membership at large. Nominations will be sent to CNAM members as provided, so please carefully proofread your submission to ensure you put your best foot forward. Please note the word counts outlined above will be strictly adhered to.
5:00 PM ET on Friday, July 22, 2022.