This online asset management awareness course helps municipal staff and elected officials in Canada learn how to explain the challenges and understand the benefits of asset management so they can sustainably deliver services to their customers.
- Intro to the AM101 Course
- Participant Information
- Interactive Elements Consent
- FCM and the Government of Canada
- About CNAM
- A message from your instructor, Iain Cranston
- Your Current Level of AM Awareness
- Community Services and our Assets
- Asset Definitions and Categories
- Definition of Asset Management
- Knowledge Check – What is Asset Management
- State of Canadian Infrastructure
- Spending Money to Stand Still
- The History of Asset Management
- Knowledge Check – Canadian Infrastructure and Asset Management
- It’s not just about old infrastructure
- Cost of replacing 1 block of sidewalk
- Infrastructure Challenges
- Knowledge Check – Today’s Challenges for Asset Management
- Benefits to your Community
- Benefits to your Organization
- Benefits to YOU!
- FCM Invest in AM (Video)
- Knowledge Check – Benefits of Asset Management
- Intro to the 5 Organizational Competencies
- People and Leadership
- Data and Information
- Planning and Prioritization
- Policy and Governanance
- Contribution to AM Practice
- Knowledge Check – Overv iew of the AM Organizational Competencies
- Congrats! Here’s whats next
- More Resources for you
- R4 Municipal Asset Management – Awareness Building Activity – Participant Evaluation Form
About this course
*price is based on participants being local government staff or elected officials (ie. eligible individuals). If you are an ineligible individual and work in the private sector or from another ineligible organization you may be subject to additional fees and charges.
What else is upcoming?
AM102: Core Elements of Asset Management e-learning course
AM102 will dig into more detail for the 5 AM organizational competencies. We’ll start with the 4 steps needed to get started in asset management and explain tangible actions that you can do within your organization to support asset management.